> StroboSoft 2.0
Marshall Johns
post Feb 1 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #1

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

The 2.0 version of StroboSoft is almost completed! biggrin.gif

Registered users will be emailed when 2.0 is available. There will be a small upgrade fee for download user since this is a MAJOR update.

Users of the boxed (Suite) version of StroboSoft can upgrade FREE.

Images and full feature set will be posted soon.

Read more here...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
strobe
post Feb 6 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,503

Oh yea! I know this will really be a hot item! If it runs as a VSTi, I'm thinking I should be able to tune individual loops and virtual synths.

+Quote Post
diver
post Feb 15 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,624

This tap tuning website http://www.siminoff.net/pages/siminoff_parts8-c_strobo.html said Version 2 Deluxe was released in December 2007. That's what I thought I was downloading. That explains why I couldn't find the tap tuning option on mine.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Feb 16 2008, 09:18 AM
Post #4

StroboSoft Support

Roger has been emailed the updated status of version 2. You can always go to the official version 2 product page here:

http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?category=35&sub=329

Registered users will be emailed when it is available. This is a free upgrade for users of the SUITE version of StroboSoft.

+Quote Post
diver
post May 1 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #5

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,624

Is the release of StroboSoft 2.0 still expected any time soon? I'm trying to decide if I should wait until it's release or just buy a compressor to use with my Peterson 420 strobe tuner for tap tuning. The $19.99 update would be a lot cheaper than buying a compressor.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post May 2 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #6

StroboSoft Support

Hi diver,

Barring any issues with the final builds, StroboSoft 2.0 is scheduled to be released in the June time-frame. All current users will be emailed prior to release with an exact date and instructions for upgrading.

Without knowing how familiar you are to tap tuning, it is important to know that the tuner is not the only factor in the equation. It will be up to you to be able to interpret the information displayed, which takes a lot of practice.

Tap tuning is one of the most complex tuning disciplines so I wouldn't underestimate the learning curve.

With that said, StroboSoft 2.0 will contain a utility for tap tuners but it should not be perceived as a 'magic box'. The theory and techniques behind tap tuning should also be understood in order to extract the maximum benefits from the software.

2.0 will eliminate the need for a compressor in your set-up to increase note sustain by adding a new sample-hold function. This function can be set to respond to one tap or various taps and provide an average for you. For example, if you have it set to measure 5 taps and you perform 4 good taps and 1 bad one, the software will statistically omit the 'outlier' and provide a result based on the 4 similar readings. This will help provide better readings when tuning difficult sources.

Roger Siminoff has released a book named, The Art of Tap Tuning that contains a wealth of information on the subject using a strobe tuner.

Here is a link to the book:
http://www.siminoff.net/pages/siminoff_books.html

He addresses the use of strobe tuners and StroboSoft when tap tuning.

+Quote Post
peavley
post Jul 18 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #7

Starting Member

Member No.: 1,737

Hi Marshall
Sound on sound have mentioned the strobosoft 2 release in their latest magazine,so is it ready?

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Jul 18 2008, 08:32 AM
Post #8

StroboSoft Support

peavley,

It is nice to see those ads are working! smile.gif

We were set to release but added a new feature for Mac users that would 'lock' the application to the top window for easy reference when you had multiple windows open.

This was a late addition but a welcomed one as it was only available on PC previously.

It sounds like a minor feature but to make sure it is all functional, I sent it out for beta testing before the major release. I want to be sure nothing got broken!

We are a few weeks out from release at this time. More details will post as they are made available to me.

+Quote Post
gregh
post Sep 12 2008, 11:09 PM
Post #9

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,830

I know this is taking whatever time is necessary, but any more indications? I'm keen smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Sep 15 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #10

StroboSoft Support

QUOTE (gregh @ Sep 13 2008, 05:09 AM) *
I know this is taking whatever time is necessary, but any more indications? I'm keen smile.gif

gregh,

The final package will be delivered to me within a week or two. I appreciate all of your patience and I will release updated news to registered users and those who are signed up on our 2.0 information list.

To add yourself to the list: http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?ca...=35&sub=329

+Quote Post
gregh
post Sep 16 2008, 03:31 AM
Post #11

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,830

QUOTE (Marshall Johns @ Sep 15 2008, 04:22 AM) *
gregh,

The final package will be delivered to me within a week or two. I appreciate all of your patience and I will release updated news to registered users and those who are signed up on our 2.0 information list.

To add yourself to the list: http://www.petersontuners.com/index.cfm?ca...=35&sub=329

thanks for that response Marshall. I look forward to downloading smile.gif

+Quote Post
andresitoml
post Oct 6 2008, 02:52 AM
Post #12

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,595

QUOTE (Marshall Johns @ Sep 15 2008, 09:22 AM) *
gregh,

Hello PetersonTuners and congratulations
Now that the Audio Engineering Society AES Convention held the Strobosoft 2.0 in showcase, Is it possible to imagine an approximated time frame to when should we expect it to be available to dealers and the end user (us)?..would you say less than 1 or 2 months?

Im worried i may have missed updated news since i wasnt signed up to the information list until today.And i just wish we could finally have Strobosoft 2.0 this same week,since next week im travelling abroad far from dealers,and i´d reallly like to get the box suite version.
Thanks in advance

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Oct 9 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #13

StroboSoft Support

Thanks for the inquiry. AES was a great success with loads of interest in 2.0 from various industries and different parts of the world. This was our first time at this show with our products and the 'fit' was perfect for us. tongue.gif Looking forward to AES NY next year.

We have the release target date set at 10/20 currently as we are timing the release with the launch of our new online store.

The new store will disperse 2.0 for new users and handle the upgrades in an automated format for a smooth upgrade experience.

This is a MAJOR upgrade for our current user base and it cannot be handled in the previous manner by email.

I continue to appreciate your patience and interest as we are feverishly working towards releasing this product.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 07:31 AM