IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RESOLVED: Trouble Opening Strobosoft 2.0 Deluxe Au Plugin?
drdave
post Nov 1 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,922

I just upgraded from StroboSoft Tuner (Deluxe) to v.2.0 to be able to use it as a plugin. I am using a Mac Pro Quad with OS 10.4.11. When I open the AU plugin in Logic Pro 8, all I get is the Peterson StroboSoft Logo with a meter indicating sound is going in but the program itself (ie. the tuner with the strobe etc.) doesn't show up. I have to open StroboSoft independently as a program to be able to use the tuner. This doesn't seem right to me. I would expect to be able to launch the program as a plugin within Logic. Am I missing something here? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
drdave
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Nov 3 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

drdave,

You can lock the tuner to the top of the screen by clicking the "T" in the top right corner.

It is a known issue that in Logic when the tuner is launched, it drops to the background (behind the Logic screen). If you have the SS icon in the dock, you can click it to bring it forward. It is already open at that point but I can see the idea of a user not thinking it is running and re-launching it from the dock or menu.

To be clear, when you see the sLINK window appear, the tuner is running. It may be behind the DAW.

Once you click the "T" (topmost position), it will remember the setting the next time it is launched and you won't have to do this again.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Nov 5 2008, 10:05 AM
Post #3

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

Issue resolved:

11/5 drdave writes:

"Dear Marshall,

Thanks again for the prompt response and great advice. After downloading V 2.0, I had placed the StroboSoft program inside a folder in the Applications folder. After taking it out and placing directly in the App folder, as you suggested, everything is working as it should & the tuner launches with the plugin.

Your help is very much appreciated!
drdave"

sLINK "looks" for the StroboSoft application in the Applications folder. It needs to be located in the root and not in a sub-folder. sLINK will launch but not auto-launch Soft if this is not properly allocated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 03:58 PM