Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do I Need To Calibrate My 450 Daily?
eastkypicker
post Feb 28 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,361

Just got an Autostrobe 450 and am wondering must I calibrate it daily? I have a StroboFlip that I have used to send a tuning note and notice I must turn the vernier a bit sharp to match the StroboFlip...thanks for any help
MJ
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Mar 1 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi eastkypicker,
You mention having an AutoStrobe 450 which does not exist, have a look at these two tuners:

Theres a Model 450 (1984 to 1996)

The Model 450 (above) has a rotary vernier cent dial which over the decades could have loosened or slipped on the shaft so that the pointer doesn't line up with the 0 cents point, you just need to realign it and tighten it up.

There's also the AutoStrobe 490 (current)

The AutoStrobe 490 auto-calibrates itself each time it is switched on and will always lock one-to-one with any of the VS tuners like your StroboFlip.
I am guessing you have the older Model 450.

John N.

+Quote Post
eastkypicker
post Mar 1 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Yes you are right, I have the Model 450 NOT the AutoStrobe 490. It is in excellent condition. But I still guess I wonder, if the 490 auto-calibrates itself each time it is switched on...and the 450 does NOT auto-calibrate...do I need to check it daily? Seems if the newer models calibrate automatically that the older models should be manually calibrated. Am I right in thinking that? Thank you John for your speedy reply!
MJ

QUOTE (John Norris @ Mar 1 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Hi eastkypicker,
You mention having an AutoStrobe 450 which does not exist, have a look at these two tuners:

Theres a Model 450 (1984 to 1996)

The Model 450 (above) has a rotary vernier cent dial which over the decades could have loosened or slipped on the shaft so that the pointer doesn't line up with the 0 cents point, you just need to realign it and tighten it up.

There's also the AutoStrobe 490 (current)

The AutoStrobe 490 auto-calibrates itself each time it is switched on and will always lock one-to-one with any of the VS tuners like your StroboFlip.
I am guessing you have the older Model 450.

John N.

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Mar 2 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #4

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi eastkypicker,

You can check the Model 450's calibration, but if in good condition, all you should need to do is line the vernier control up to the zero point before use.

John N.

+Quote Post
eastkypicker
post Mar 2 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #5

Starting Member

Thanks John !
QUOTE (John Norris @ Mar 2 2011, 08:34 PM) *
Hi eastkypicker,

You can check the Model 450's calibration, but if in good condition, all you should need to do is line the vernier control up to the zero point before use.

John N.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 04:54 PM