> Peterson Stomp Classic
PlayingTom
post Jan 3 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,095

Hi (1st post here)
I already have a SS2 and the iStroboSoft for iPhone but Im looking forward this new pedal one, Id like to know every detail about, I mean if its 100% True Bypass in a "wired" way, if its only digital, if SW is same as StroboStomp etc every thing you know guys Id like to have it here in this thread.. and another thing : when it will be available for everyone on this planet???
Best Regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 3 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (PlayingTom @ Jan 3 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Hi (1st post here)
I already have a SS2 and the iStroboSoft for iPhone but Im looking forward this new pedal one, Id like to know every detail about, I mean if its 100% True Bypass in a "wired" way, if its only digital, if SW is same as StroboStomp etc every thing you know guys Id like to have it here in this thread.. and another thing : when it will be available for everyone on this planet???
Best Regards

Hi Tom,
The Stomp Classic is 100% True Bypass in a wired way, it has a 3PDT switch and is wired so that it has no affect on the signal when in true Bypass and unmuted.
Its software is different to the preceding Stomps, it is programmable for multiple octaves, which means for example that its Buzz Feiten settings include the tuning and the intonation offsets in one single preset, no switching is required between the two.
Its been shipping to dealers since mid December.
I'd be happy to answer any other specific questions about it that you may have, there is a description here:
StroboStomp Classic Product page

John N.

+Quote Post
PlayingTom
post Jan 3 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

thanks, the 2 circular indicators work independently like in the SS2 or together like a spinning wheel ?? sorry to bother just willing to understand what to expect from this pedal

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 3 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #4

Strobe Tuning Guru

Hi Tom,
They work together like a spinning wheel.

John N.

+Quote Post
PlayingTom
post Jan 3 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Starting Member

so it has a true strobo display, very good, need to try one
thanks a lot John

+Quote Post
Bluepop
post Jan 26 2011, 09:03 PM
Post #6

Starting Member

Member No.: 1,777

I just got my Stomp Classic yesterday. I've worked with it for an hour or so,, and I have to say this is a significant step forward in pedal tuner technology! I'm astonished that the 'big box' stores aren't already awash in these tuners! In fact, I just took my Classic into my local GC and showed it to one of the mangers. He was amazed by it! But, he knew nothing about it! Where is Peterson representation in these stores?

While there are so many features I could go on about, the Tuner Monitor mode has got to be my favorite. To date, I've been using either a Strobostomp in my pedalboard with a Radial Bassbone that allows me to monitor my tuning in real time (I don't have to mute the signal to check my tuning.), or a tuner connected to the tune output of my Dunlop DVP-1 volume pedal. The Classic now allows me to monitor my tuning in real time - straight through the tuner!! Of course, since my signal has to pass through the circuitry of the pedal in order to be monitored, I was worried what it might sound like. I have pretty decent ears, and I CAN perceive a difference between Monitor mode and True Bypass mode - but just barely. It sounds amazing!

The switch clicks with an authoritative "CLICK", and the pedal has significant weight to it! In short, it's built like a tank! I love this thing!

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 27 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #7

Strobe Tuning Guru

Hi Bluepop,
Glad you like the Stomp Classic, the store chain you mention often takes their time to stock a new product, they just took on the BodyBeat Sync and they have stocked the previous StroboStomp models, so I am sure they will do the same with the Classic. Thank you for showing it around!

John N.

+Quote Post
emeliaizvega
post Mar 8 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Starting Member

Member No.: 4,865

True strobo display? Def need to give it a go!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 02:21 AM