> Microphone For Tap Tuning, Need help in making it work
Mark S
post Dec 29 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,060

Hi,

I just purchased the deluxe suite with the intent of using it for tap tuning and adjusting intonation for the acoustic guitars I am building.

There doesn't seem to be much information on setting up microphones in the manual, and I will have to admit to being pretty inept at the technical side of things, so please be kind! blink.gif

The only thing I have seen so far is the 600 ohm dynamic mic in your accessory list.

I currently own a couple of Shure SM58's and would like to figure out if I can use them. They are 300ohms and have XLR connections.

Can anyone advise me on whether they will work for this application and how I can adapt them to the 1/4" female phono adapter plug that comes with the tuner?

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: Oh man! What was I thinking? After stopping by a RS yesterday, I realized my folly. For the price of adapters that might make this possible, I could get a $24 mic that is dedicated to the tuner with no hook up problems. DUH!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Jan 3 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

Hi Mark,

We do not cover microphone types or placement for tap tuning because depending on the type of mic being used and work environment there are too many variances to try and cover in a single manual.

Roger Siminoff recommends this mic for tap tuning and it can be purchased from his site. He modifies them for tap tuning to offer a smoother response. Take a look at his online store.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 07:32 AM