Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tune To Piano
bhf
post Dec 17 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,042

Can someone offer guidance as to how to use my Stroboclip to tune my fiddle to a piano that's not at concert pitch? I often have to tune to poorly maintained pianos. Using other tuners, I can determine that a piano is, say, 6 cents flat. Is there an easy way to calibrate the Stoboclip, using that information? Or is there another method?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Dec 20 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (bhf @ Dec 17 2010, 04:08 PM) *
Can someone offer guidance as to how to use my Stroboclip to tune my fiddle to a piano that's not at concert pitch? I often have to tune to poorly maintained pianos. Using other tuners, I can determine that a piano is, say, 6 cents flat. Is there an easy way to calibrate the Stoboclip, using that information? Or is there another method?

Thanks.

Hi bhf,
Lay the tuner on top of the piano,
Play a note on the piano in the middle octave (the octave starting with middle C)
Observe the direction of the strobe display, it will most likely be indicating that the piano is flat
Press the menu button on the StroboClip repeatedly until the A440 icon flashes
Press the - (minus) button to lower the concert pitch to a value below 440Hz and play the note on the piano again
Check the strobe display for movement
Repeat the above until the strobe image does not move

Keep in mind that the StroboClip will retain the new Hz value until you change it again (next gig) or replace the battery.

John N.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 05:50 AM