IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feiten Tuning With Ss2?, Are the Feiten settings the same on the SS2?
frank5
post Nov 26 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 882

I have the original SS1. While it has many quirks for gig tuning, I've learned to live with it during live situations, particularly with my Feiten-tuned Suhr. With conventionally tuned guitars like my PRS and Gibson LP, its very accurate and fairly easy to use.

Its been problematic with my Feiten-tuned Suhr. According to the SS!, I will have the guitar in tune to the open string offsets, but to my ear, they are off. I typically tweak the tuning by ear by tuning to E with the SS1 and then tune to E on the A(7th), D(14th), G(9th), B(5th) frets. Of course this is not very effective during a gig, especially during a song).

Also, switching to/from a Feiten guitar in the same set has been a pain. The menu settings to switch from Feiten to non-Feiten (or vice versa) is very cumbersome.

My SS1 is reaching the end of its life (display hard to see and buttons sometimes don't work) and I am looking for a replacement.

Can anyone with a Feiten-ized guitar and an SS2 share their experiences?

Btw, customer support with Peterson has been great.

Frank G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Nov 29 2010, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Frank G,

QUOTE (frank5 @ Nov 27 2010, 01:35 AM) *
I have the original SS1. While it has many quirks for gig tuning, I've learned to live with it during live situations, particularly with my Feiten-tuned Suhr. With conventionally tuned guitars like my PRS and Gibson LP, its very accurate and fairly easy to use.

Its been problematic with my Feiten-tuned Suhr. According to the SS!, I will have the guitar in tune to the open string offsets, but to my ear, they are off. I typically tweak the tuning by ear by tuning to E with the SS1 and then tune to E on the A(7th), D(14th), G(9th), B(5th) frets. Of course this is not very effective during a gig, especially during a song).

The BF offsets are what BF himself stipulated, I'm afraid we can't change them as we did not create them. One idea would be for you to create your own offsets and save them as your own custom tuning.

Also, switching to/from a Feiten guitar in the same set has been a pain. The menu settings to switch from Feiten to non-Feiten (or vice versa) is very cumbersome.

We changed that in the StroboStomp2, the SS2 remembers what the last Sweetener settings were even when muted/unmuted in True Bypass.
The newer Stomp Classic is also multi-octave, so the open and intonation offsets are combined in one preset.

My SS1 is reaching the end of its life (display hard to see and buttons sometimes don't work) and I am looking for a replacement.

Dirt may have gotten under the buttons, give them a blast with some compressed air while pressing them rapidly with a pointed implement.
If the display is hard to see, open the tuner base plate, gently prise the white multi-connectors on the circuit board apart, brush the multi-connector pins with cleaning alcohol and re-attach, that should remove any oxidation that may have ocurred and restore the display to original brightness.

John N.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 02:29 AM