> My V-sam Doesn't Have Bfe?!
Ray K.
post Nov 18 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,478

Hi,

I just bought a gently used V-SAM to use on my bench for setups/intonation. Primarily for electric or acoustic guitars and bass. I've been using (2) StroboStomps on each of my pedalboards for years and am quite pleased and used to them.

I did careful research before buying to determine the best tuner for my use. The Peterson web site lists the V-SAM with the following "Temperaments Included:" Equal, Pythagorean, Just Major, Quarter Comma Meantone, 1/6th Comma Meantone, Kirnberger III, Werckmeister III, Young, Kellner, GTR™ Rameau, Valotti, GTR, ACU, 12STR, BFE, BFA, BFB, BF12, DADGAD, BAS™, E9 Tempered Steel Guitar, C6 Tempered Steel Guitar, 8 User Programmable Temperaments

Why does my V-SAM not have these? I realize I can program them into P1 & P2, but am disappointed that they are not already included as stated above.

Here is the Serial # 000019565

When I first turn it on, it shows 2000-02.

Thanks,
Ray K.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Nov 19 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Ray K,
Your V-SAM is an older model from 2005.
The current V-SAM model's hardware processor was updated in 2007 and includes more memory and features similar to the StroboFlip.

John N.

+Quote Post
Ray K.
post Nov 19 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Thanks for the reply, John.

Obviously, I wish I had had a way of knowing this before purchasing...bummer. sad.gif

Is it possible to get my V-SAM updated?

If not, I may consider selling it and looking for a later model V-SAM. I considered the StroboFlip, but assumed it would take up more space on my bench.

Btw, I'm anxious to see the new StroboStomp Classic. I don't know a lot of details yet, but it's possible I may buy a couple to replace my existing StroboStomps for my pedalboards.

Thanks,
Ray K.

QUOTE (John Norris @ Nov 19 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Hi Ray K,
Your V-SAM is an older model from 2005.
The current V-SAM model's hardware processor was updated in 2007 and includes more memory and features similar to the StroboFlip.

John N.

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Nov 19 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Ray K. @ Nov 19 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Is it possible to get my V-SAM updated?

Hi Ray K.

The changes were of a hardware nature, so its unfortunately not possible to update an older model.

John N.

+Quote Post
Ray K.
post Nov 19 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #5

Starting Member

Hi John,

I was afraid you were going to say that. But, I understand. Oh well, I've learned something! rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your help!

Ray K.
QUOTE (John Norris @ Nov 19 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Hi Ray K.

The changes were of a hardware nature, so its unfortunately not possible to update an older model.

John N.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:24 PM