IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pro Tools Hd/tdm + Fxpansion Vst To Rtas +strobosoft Deluxe, Newb to both a vst wrapper and strobosoft... cant pass audio
stringsandwires
post Sep 18 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,778

Hey all-

First off, thanks in advance for your help. I just bit the bullet and bought the fxpansion vst - rtas and strobosoft deluxe and am having a hard time finding info on set up/support with this config.

Rig:
Mac dual 1.8 g5
OSX 10.5.4
ProTools HD version 7.3, HD3
Rosetta 800 with HD card expansion card for conversion

Here's what i am seeing...
Within PT:
The config seems correct, I am able to pull in the sLINK insert as an RTAS wrapped plug in and it launches strobosoft, but it will not let me activate the plug in (stuck in bypass mode)
When looking at the launched version of strobosoft, I am not able to turn on the power button

As stand alone application:
I can turn on the power button, but the application is not seeing anything other than built in audio under set up/input device.

Hoping to solve this one before a session tomorrow...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Sep 20 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

stringsandwires,

Thank you for your purchase and contact.

Regarding your issues below:
Here's what i am seeing...
Within PT:
The config seems correct, I am able to pull in the sLINK insert as an RTAS wrapped plug in and it launches strobosoft, but it will not let me activate the plug in (stuck in bypass mode)
When looking at the launched version of strobosoft, I am not able to turn on the power button

When launched as a plug-in, the tuner opens in 'on' mode. The power button is greyed out and cannot be toggled on or off. However, you can turn it on/off from within your DAW, if deisred. Are you able to route audio in and out of it via the live input monitor controls or track sends (if on a buss)?

As stand alone application:
I can turn on the power button, but the application is not seeing anything other than built in audio under set up/input device.

If a Protools session is running in the background, the audio inputs are not made available to StroboSoft in stand-alone mode. This has to do with the way PT 'takes over' the dedicated input device. Do you see the same thing when PT is closed in stand-alone mode?

A few things to review:
1. Make sure the application is loaded in to the Applications folder on the ROOT of this folder. Loading it into a sub-folder will cause issues when being used a plug-in on OS X.
2. You can click the "t" in the top-left of the interface to lock the tuner to the topmost position so it does not disappear behind your PT session.
3. The sLINK window can be minimized when in use to regain your screen real estate.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 01:23 AM