Closed TopicStart new topic
> No Snow Leopard Support Yet?
sduck
post Aug 12 2010, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,743

Snow Leopard has been out for a year. Strobosoft still hasn't been upgraded to run on it. It's time! Move this off the back burner and get it done.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Aug 13 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

sduck,

Thank you for posting. I agree. A SL compatible version is long overdue.

We have tried to move forward but information requests from Apple have not been as timely as we would have liked. By the time requested materials have been provided in an acceptable state, we have moved on to other projects as we cannot afford to leave our development area idling. Many of those projects have not been of the type that permit 'stop-and-start' development so this is why the long delay.

I should have more information in the coming weeks so please subscribe to this thread if you are awaiting a 10.6 compatible version of StroboSoft.

As we move from an in-house beta closer to release, I may request a small group of beta testers via this forum.

+Quote Post
gunforhire
post Sep 5 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Member No.: 639

I'm keen too to see an upgrade as it does hang up a bit with snow leopard and I'm finding myself shutting it down and restarting it to get it back on track..which is a pain mid show during guitar change overs

+Quote Post
sduck
post Sep 5 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #4

Starting Member

Thanks for the update. Your explanation makes sense - a good way to do business (not stop and start).

Looking forward to the update!

+Quote Post
horroribz
post Nov 14 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #5

Starting Member

Member No.: 4,923

Waiting here as well. I bought StroboSoft through Amazon and the description said it supports 10.4 and above.
Is there an update on this? How far away are we from having Snow Leopard support? Is it even on the development roadmap? What's the estimated completion time?
It's November and the last post on this is from September. If the materials have been provided from Apple at this point, when will development resources move back to this issue?
I know StroboSoft is probably not the flagship product but it's still being sold and has not been discontinued, so I'd expect some support after paying hard earned money for this.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Nov 15 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #6

StroboSoft Support

QUOTE (horroribz @ Nov 14 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Waiting here as well. I bought StroboSoft through Amazon and the description said it supports 10.4 and above.
Is there an update on this? How far away are we from having Snow Leopard support? Is it even on the development roadmap? What's the estimated completion time?
It's November and the last post on this is from September. If the materials have been provided from Apple at this point, when will development resources move back to this issue?
I know StroboSoft is probably not the flagship product but it's still being sold and has not been discontinued, so I'd expect some support after paying hard earned money for this.

horroribz,

Thanks for your post. I apologize for the mis-information on the Amazon site as we cannot control that. We have made repeated attempts to get Amazon to update their incorrect product details as they were posted before 10.6 was made available. Our website is up-to-date and lists 10.6 as not supported at this time. Snow Leopard compliance is definitely part of the road map and a release will be posted when it is available and thoroughly tested.

+Quote Post
horroribz
post Dec 21 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #7

Starting Member

checking back in to see if we're any closer to having this update

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Jan 3 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #8

StroboSoft Support

Hang in there guys.....Will have some news regarding SL support in the coming week after NAMM.

+Quote Post
horroribz
post Jan 27 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #9

Starting Member

Been 2 weeks since NAMM, any word on this yet?

+Quote Post
gunforhire
post Feb 4 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #10

Starting Member

any news would be good. i'm starting to have complete freezes and having to stop and restart a few times during a show which has been alittle troublesome.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Feb 8 2011, 01:36 PM
Post #11

StroboSoft Support

Hey guys, currently waiting for a beta release. Will forward as it becomes available. We cannot duplicate many of these issues on our end so this is why it is taking some time. Stand by for now.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Feb 8 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #12

StroboSoft Support

QUOTE (gunforhire @ Feb 4 2011, 03:38 PM) *
any news would be good. i'm starting to have complete freezes and having to stop and restart a few times during a show which has been alittle troublesome.

gunforhire,

Could anything else be causing this to become worse? The application utilizes a very small set of resources so for it to progressively get worse does not seem logical.

The scenario on SL with StroboSoft 2.0 can be confirmed now as:
1. It works 100% (no issues)
2. It opens and immediately crashes after authorization

There have been no reports so far regarding intermittent functionality or diminishing stability over time. Can you elaborate?

+Quote Post
gunforhire
post Feb 15 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #13

Starting Member

I'm not sure why it has good days or bad days. but usually I'll have it up and running for a good part of the day,. from unpacking guitars at show from 11am until round 10-11pm. it can be working great and tracking and tuning each string easily then it can suddenly not register the correct string and it just doesn;t want to tune or respond normally. If i close down the tuner then reopen it works super quick and is back to normal. I thought it may have been my cable so I replaced that and it still seems to be doing it . I can never get thru a whole day without at least 2-3 restarts, all from this problem of suddenly not wanting to pick up on any note played. I'm just using it for guitars and bass side of stage on my laptop. I also find if i have the pitch graph, oscilloscope and the spectrum anyliser open it freezes the tuner and i can't shut down the extra displays? so I rarely use them.

QUOTE (Marshall Johns @ Feb 8 2011, 08:41 PM) *
gunforhire,

Could anything else be causing this to become worse? The application utilizes a very small set of resources so for it to progressively get worse does not seem logical.

The scenario on SL with StroboSoft 2.0 can be confirmed now as:
1. It works 100% (no issues)
2. It opens and immediately crashes after authorization

There have been no reports so far regarding intermittent functionality or diminishing stability over time. Can you elaborate?

+Quote Post
sduck
post Mar 6 2011, 01:07 PM
Post #14

Starting Member

I've had it freeze for me after I try quitting it, many times.

Also the pitch issue should be resolveable - this 3/4's of a tone off thing should be easy to fix. Fixing it manually for the main screen still doesn't affect the graph display, which I like using a lot, or rather used to.

C'mon guys, lets get this resolved - this is dangerously close to appearing like abandonware.

+Quote Post
gunforhire
post Mar 9 2011, 05:07 AM
Post #15

Starting Member

Ok so at my last show I found myself having to restart the strobosoft an average avery half hour to 40 mins..
I would be tuning fine with everything working then the tuner will not zero in on the note and read several notes either side of the string I'm paying in quick succession and not zero in on the string. now for the safer of the show I also have a K**g Pitch black pedal tuner running as well along side which is reading he note find and picking up exactly what I'm playing. so I close down strobosoft and restart it and it automatically works fine again and piucks up the note fine. It even had me tune a guitar string a tone and half high the other day by reading it as E until my instincts kicked in and i chedk again with my K**g. I think I'm gonna have to get my old VSII repaired and take that back out on the road. the strobosoft is getting too unreliable sad.gif and it does this with different cables as well so its not my cable or my soundcard.
I'm touring so have my tuner running from normally 11am till 10pm. as i'm looking after 23 guitars and basses and re-stringing and tuning all day and night. maybe its time to admit deafeat and get a strobostomp? not having the tuner working stresses me mid show..haha

+Quote Post
gunforhire
post Apr 4 2011, 02:10 AM
Post #16

Starting Member

I'm just booking a world tour taking in The USA, Parts of Europe and Britain and australaia and I'm a little afraid to just rely on my strobosoft now as it keeps dropping the note and not registering what I'm plucking. so whats the better of the two pedals the strobostomp or the new stomp classic? The new artist I'm looking to work with is a stickler for "in tune " guitars and my old VSII has sadly bitten the dust long long ago.. any help advice on these two tuners would be helpful
cheers
gavin

+Quote Post
horroribz
post Apr 7 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #17

Starting Member

Any word on this yet? If it's never coming, then I'd appreciate at least hearing that so I can go and buy something else. I'm still holding out hope that Peterson will do something to rectify this situation with their Mac users.

+Quote Post
horroribz
post Apr 17 2011, 07:07 AM
Post #18

Starting Member

Any news at all?

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Apr 21 2011, 09:14 AM
Post #19

StroboSoft Support

Starting an official 10.6 thread here.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Jul 27 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #20

Starting Member

The problem I was having with pitch perception in snow leopard seem to be fixed in Lion. Yay!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 09:31 AM