> Self Test
Archtop
post Jul 6 2009, 01:14 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,191

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a used 490 AutoStrobe for setting the intonation on stringed instruments and Tap Tuning (Siminoff).

I wanted to see if the 490 could test itself for proper function. I ran the built in tests under Diagnostics and both tests said all was well (ok) with no problems.
Is this all that it needs, test wise, to be working satisfactory? The wheel works and hones in on the note very well with a soft purr sound of the wheel spinning. The LCD menus all work with no lag and the start up menu displays the Software version and serial number of the unit. I have not checked the Input or Thru jacks.

The Software version is Ver. 1.22 and I was wondering if that is upgradeable? (Flash ROM)?

The serial #T490 006414 . Is it possible you could tell me when it was manufactured?

Last question, does the current PDF Manual for the 490 you have available cover my particular unit or is there minor changes?
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,

Don

No. 1

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jul 8 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi Don,

QUOTE (Archtop @ Jul 6 2009, 07:14 PM) *
The Software version is Ver. 1.22 and I was wondering if that is upgradeable? (Flash ROM)?

That's the current version, and it can be upgraded in the future if necessary.

The serial #T490 006414 . Is it possible you could tell me when it was manufactured?

In 2006

Last question, does the current PDF Manual for the 490 you have available cover my particular unit or is there minor changes?

The manual is the correct one for your 490.

John N.

+Quote Post
Archtop
post Jul 8 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,191

John,
Thank you.

Don

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 06:42 PM