> Midi Features (g-tune)
Timur
post Nov 30 2008, 06:27 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,791

Ahoi!

I'm checking the Peterson website and forum from time to time to find out wether StroboSoft learned to output tunings via Midi like the now free G-Tune by LHC Software does (Midi note +-50 cent, Bend Range, Transpose)?!

As far as I know this is not an often asked for feature by StroboSoft users, but over at the Cakewalk forum we're just having another discussion about how bad most Audio-to-Midi plugins are. So using a high precision tuning software to output Midi notes seems like the best choice. Additionally it would allow me to program my Roland FC-300 pedal via Sysex to output tunings when no computer screen is around.

Are there any future plans on implementing something like this? Thanks for any replies. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Dec 2 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

Timur,

StroboSoft will only output the MIDI note relative to the note being tuned.

It cannot be used as a MIDI controller but watch this forum and our website for some interesting news in the coming weeks regarding precision audio-to-MIDI conversion utilities. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timur
post Dec 8 2008, 02:47 AM
Post #3

Starting Member

QUOTE (Marshall Johns @ Dec 2 2008, 05:53 PM) *
Timur,

StroboSoft will only output the MIDI note relative to the note being tuned.

It cannot be used as a MIDI controller but watch this forum and our website for some interesting news in the coming weeks regarding precision audio-to-MIDI conversion utilities. wink.gif

Hey Marshall,

thanks for the feedback! Like I said, it seems to make perfect sense to offer audio-to-MIDI once you've already got a kick-*** precise tuning algorithm. Your announcement sounds as if you will only publish "dedicated" tools for that in the future, though. It would be great to either have that incorporated into StroboSoft (like G-Tune offers) or at least be able to buy both in a Suite then (many people who need an audio-to-MIDI tool need a Tuner as well).

I'll keep watching! wink.gif

+Quote Post
gregh
post Jan 11 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #4

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,830

I am very excited at this as well - high accuracy is much more important to me than speed though.

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Jan 20 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #5

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

We've made everyone wait long enough! wink.gif

For accurate, efficient, guitar-to-MIDI conversion at a low cost, we have introduced the Sonuus G2M™ product to the Peterson line at Winter NAMM last week.

Check out a NAMM video here featuring guitarist Dan Lawson from the Dan Lawson Band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOKmnJC548...re=channel_page

+Quote Post
Timur
post Feb 6 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #6

Starting Member

mellow.gif Too bad, this is a hardware solution. So I will stay with Gtune for standalone use and Reaktor for plugin use.

Please consider including this feature into Strobosoft, it would be very useful and most likely not even very hard to code with the main algorithm to detect pitch already working.

+Quote Post
gregh
post Mar 1 2009, 02:16 AM
Post #7

Starting Member

Member No.: 3,830

yes this would be excellent included with Strobosoft - output actual frequency (as close as MIDI can get) and output nearest note according to selected scale system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 12:28 PM