Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question Regarding 7 and 8 String Guitars
nexbot
post Mar 22 2008, 09:47 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,666

Hello. I just purchased my first Strobostomp 2 and though I enjoy it, when I try to tune the Low B on my baritone Seven string guitar the display gets very random and choppy, making it very difficult and dizzying to tune.

I will soon be getting one of the new 8 string guitars released by ESP and fear that this phenomena will be even more drastic on the Low F# of the 8 string.

Is there any way to fix this? I read the Sweetened tuning section of the manual but am still not sure what it does. Should I set the tuner to the Bass preset, or will that affect the accuracy of the higher string?

Please help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Apr 3 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi nexbot,
Its likely to be either unfamiliarity with the Strobe display itself or an issue with the string rather than the tuner itself, the Stomp handles low frequency signals better than any other pedal and Baritone tuning is not very low.
If you haven't gotten used to it since you first posted, I would say a change of string(s) is on the cards. That should help a lot, not only with tuning stability but also the tone.

John N.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 10:59 PM