Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Suggestion/Question
rbienstock
post Jan 28 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

Is there any way for a user to change the color preferences in this forum? I find the blue on black impossible to read.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshall Johns
post Jan 28 2008, 09:44 AM
Post #2

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

What browser are you using? Can you try accessing the forum in another browser application to see if the black still appears?

Black is not the default color and perhaps your browser is interpreting it differently.

+Quote Post
rbienstock
post Jan 28 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Starting Member

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11 (the latest version). The blue on black only occurs in the message create/reply and search dialogs. I just tried IE, and there the black is light blue, so this is a Firefox issue, I guess. But there are lots of Firefox users, so you might want to fix this anyway.

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 28 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #4

Strobe Tuning Guru

Member No.: 3

In all fairness, I think its the Firefox people that need to make sure they are "translating" things correctly...

John N.

+Quote Post
rbienstock
post Jan 29 2008, 07:04 AM
Post #5

Starting Member

(Converted Post)
In all fairness, I think its the Firefox people that need to make sure they are "translating" things correctly...

John,

I don't want to get into the middle of a pi**ing contest regarding browsers, and I know nothing about HTML coding, but I did post a query about this in a Firefox forum where it was stated (1) Firefox complies with all internet and HTML standards while IE does not and the only reason that your page resolves in IE is due to a bug in IE, and (2) the error on your page is caused by not properly "defining" the color "navyblue" and that if any other properly defined color is substituted, the page resolves correctly.

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 29 2008, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Strobe Tuning Guru

Member No.: 3

This forum format is not coded by us at Peterson, its from the Snitz people who provide the code for about 80,000 forums on the net.
We have the latest update, thats pretty much all we can do.

In Firefox, you can change the color and font type to one of your choice as explained here:

(Converted Post)
Text and Background
Here you can change the default text and background color to be used on Web pages that haven't specified that information. Click on the color samples to select colors.

Use system colors
Check this option to use the colors defined in your OS settings instead of the colors specified above.

Link Colors
Here you can change the default colors for Web links. Click on the color samples to select colors.

Underline links
By default, links are underlined on Web pages. Uncheck this option to disable this. Note that many sites specify their own styling rules (including this site) and this option has no effect on those sites.

Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above
By default, Firefox uses the colors specified by the Web page author. Disabling this option will force all sites to be using your default colors instead.

John N.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 02:16 AM