Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble getting all functions to work
roadhog96
post Dec 26 2007, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,546

I'm probably not getting the text right. I figured out how to save a perfered setting to the default so everytime I turn on the tuner it comes up ok. I thought you could save several favorites to a menu and recall them up at any time, can't seem to figure out how to do this. Do you have to go through the menu each time and program and save a change if you want a different tuning option. When I play the acoustic I tune it 1/2 step flat so I can't use the default setting I use for my electrics. I followed the directions about pluging in the guitar cord while holding down the select button then programed 3 favorites, They are listed 01 out of 03 and so on, but how do you bring them up to tune your guitar with. All it does is tell me what the 3 favorites are. I've been able to compare the differenet sweeteners with my digital tuner and there is diffently a difference between the two. If I can get this tuner and all it's functions figured out I might just keep this thing, otherwise it's going back. What's the XLR socket, Tuner monitoring + DI output all about, this is all new to me. I know this tuner is capable of performing multiple functions, many that I will never use, but I need to at least understand what these terms ;ike this mean in order to know if I will need these functions. Sorry, I'm old school, tune and play. HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Norris
post Jan 2 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Strobe Tuning Guru

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 3

Hi,
(Converted Post)
I thought you could save several favorites to a menu and recall them up at any time, can't seem to figure out how to do this. I followed the directions about pluging in the guitar cord while holding down the select button then programed 3 favorites, They are listed 01 out of 03 and so on, but how do you bring them up to tune your guitar with.

I am guessing you are referring to the StroboStomp2.
You recall the Favorites by first assembling a list as you describe above, then unplugging and replugging the cord in the input jack as you would do normally, then simply press the right-hand "Select" button once for each favorite, they will come up one by one.
(Converted Post)
When I play the acoustic I tune it 1/2 step flat so I can't use the default setting I use for my electrics.

The StroboStomp2 will line up Sweeteners, but not Drop tunings, only the StroboRack does that. You could just learn the actual notes for Eb tuning (what you call "half step flat"), they would be D#, G#, C#, F# A# & D#.
(Converted Post)
What's the XLR socket, Tuner monitoring + DI output all about, this is all new to me.

Heres some info on the active DI, many guitarists don't know anything about DIs even though every time they play onstage with an acoustic, they're invariably plugged into one.
http://www.petersontuners.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=549

John N.

+Quote Post
roadhog96
post Jan 2 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Starting Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,546

Thanks for your help John, especially on the subject of DI outputs. I use Mogami guitar cable which is double shielded and so far have not run into unwanted noise. I also have managed to figure this StroboStomp2 out over the last couple of days. I like the tuner a lot, but like with most products I buy, I find things that I would have done different if I was designing it. I really wish it had the option of saving favorite tuning settings rather than having to program them everytime you change guitars. Now don't go out and design a newer version that can do this now that I have bought one, just my luck. These tuners are very easy to use once you get the hang of it, and they make a big difference in the sound of the guitar compared to using a digital tuner. Happy here and it's a keeper.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 06:10 AM