Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Michael Kaye
Marshall Johns
post Feb 27 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #1

StroboSoft Support

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1,003

Michael Kaye - Tech for The Who, Stephen Stills, Paul Simon, John Fogerty Lalo Carrillo and Todd Robinson, bassist and guitarist for Luis Miguel, Shawn Welch

" I have been using Peterson's StroboSoft on my iBook for over a month. This convenient format works perfectly, the "read" of the tuner is exacting -and the "feel" is just like the VS-1 and Strobo Stomp tuners which I have used almost daily for years.

As easy as it has been to introduce musicians to the VS type tuners for stage use- it is equally easy to demonstrate the ease of use, accuracy and "musicality" of the StroboSoft. The onboard "tempered" tunings just sound good to the ear.

For recording use the instruments can now be tuned for the best result when tracking, and the StroboSoft can help determine offsets or "sweetening" for overdubs or tuning individual tracks in the mix. And if your ears demand a different read- you can easily program your own offsets.

And it's not a matter of "when it works", it always works- I have never experienced a crash while running StroboSoft or noticed any drain of my marginal processing power.

I have used Peterson strobe tuners in a concert setting since 1980 and have had great results- the StroboSoft is definitely a leap ahead while retaining a familiar format and feel.

This is a Software solution to real problems I encounter at home, on the concert stage, in the studio and in my repair shop."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 10:17 AM